We now have an option for backpackers looking to cook (re-hydrate) meals directly in the bag. These custom high-temperature plastic zipper pouches can sustain boiling water with temperatures up to 230 deg F (110 deg C). Pouches are a shorter, bowl shape and are reusable. Great for packaging your own trail meals.
How to use: Place food in the bag, pour boiling water over the food, stir, seal shut, and allow food to reconstitute for several minutes.
- Temperature rating: for heating food up to 230 deg F (110 deg C)
- Short size for ease in stirring and eating. Rounded bottom to prevent food from getting trapped in the corners.
- Dimensions: 8″ wide x 7″ tall x 3.5" gusset
- Bag Weight: .81 oz (23 g)
- Bag Thickness: 5.0 mil
- Wet Volume: holds 4 cups (.95 L) of water when zip sealed.
- One size fits all. Fits all Outdoor Herbivore Hungry Single and Hungry Double prepared meals.
- Reusable. These durable bags eliminates cleaning dishes on the trail but can be packed out, washed at home, and reused multiple times. Allow bag to air dry open before storing.
- Not recyclable in most municipalities due to the multi-layer plastic films. Requires
- BPA free, Dioxin free
- Great for packaging homemade DIY trail meals. Includes a tear strip if heat sealing the top for secure storage or to prevent tampering.
- Other uses: Sous-vide cooking, freezing food, pouring hot soups and storing in fridge/freezer, general food storage.
- Not recommended for microwave use.
For more information, see our article about boil-soak cooking.