Instant brown rice from California's Central Valley. Our instant brown rice uses a special freeze dry process to provide a true instant brown rice that does not require a simmer. This 16 oz. package makes 7+ cups of prepared rice. Brown Rice becomes whitish brown, light, and airy when freeze-dried as opposed to dehydrated brown rice which becomes hardened and requires a much longer re-hydration time. Our bulk rice is packaged in a barrier proof resealable pouch so you can make as much as you need and store it. Just add to boiling water and reconstitute for 10 minutes. Brown rice is an excellent source of carbohydrates and has a higher fiber and protein content than white rice.
Requires: Boiling Water (Cook)
Ready In: 10 Mins
Prepared Size: 2/3 cup
Nutrition Per 1.5 oz. or 1/2 cup dry rice: Calories: 160 kcal Fat: 1g Carbs: 34g Protein: 3g Sodium: 2mg
Preparation: Boil 1.75 cups of water for every 1 cup of rice. Bring water to a boil, stir in rice, turn off heat, keep covered and let stand 10 minutes. As a general rule, Instant Brown Rice will absorb 1.75 cups of boiling water for each cup of rice after 10 minutes.
Ingredients: Precooked Whole Grain Dried Brown Rice* (*Organic)
Contains Gluten: No; May be suitable for those with gluten sensitivities, but is produced in a facility that does process gluten products. We recommend you not consume this product if you are highly allergic to gluten.
18 -36 Months
Easy DIY Instant Brown Rice Recipes
- Rice + trail mix + milk powder for a rice cereal. Use our Cinnamonkey Chomps or Hillcrest Harvest Mix and Soy Milk Powder for a tasty hot rice cereal.
- Rice + beans + cheese powder make a delicious burrito stuffer. See our bulk Refried Pinto Beans, Baja Black Beans, and Cheese Powder. See also Spicy Vegan Squeezy for a non-dairy cheese option.
- Rice + vegetables + soy sauce to make quick stir fry. See Freeze Dried Asian Vegetable Mix.
- Rice + vegetables + lemon packet for a citrusy rice bowl. See Chili Lime Crunchies and Lemon Packet.
- Rice + vegetables + vegan cheese to make a "cheezy" skillet meal. See Chopped Carrots and Cheddar Garden Herb.
- Rice + Pesto Herbilcous mix to make pesto rice. Add hot water and a scoop of rice to our pouched Pesto Herbilicous.
- Rice + Switchback Burrito Stuffer to make a burrito bowl. Add hot water and a scoop of rice to our pouched Switchback Burrito Stuffer.
- Looking for complete rice meals? See our rice meals